VMware Player 5.0 Network Editor (vmnetcfg.exe)
1. Download the latest version of VMware Workstation from here
2. Open a command prompt window
3. Go to the directory you downloaded VMware Workstation and enter:
VMware-workstation-full-9.0.0-812388.exe /e .\vmware_extract where “vmware_extract” is the destination directory where you want to extract the contents of the installer.
4. Navigate to the extract folder and using your favorite file archive tool (I recommend 7-zip) open
vmnetcfg.exe to the directory you installed VMware PLayer
The vendor VMs were setup with NAT, which would map to the VMnet8 virtual network.
8. Change the Subnet IP address (in this case, I changed mine to 192.168.10.0 with a mask of 255.255.255.0
9. Click on
10. Make sure the IP addresses are within the start and end range – update as necessary
At this point, if you click
Apply, your VMs should now be able to connect out. The VMware virtual network is private so I’ll need to setup some port forwarding so that I can access the machine from my VirtualBox instance through the host.
12. Click on
13. Click on
14. Fill in the appropriate information